National Museums Scotland
National Museums Scotland care for collections of national and international importance. Their wealth of treasures represent more than two centuries of collecting.
Collections take in everything from Scottish and classical archaeology to decorative and applied arts; from world cultures and social history to science, technology and the natural world.
Funding supports activities in:
- The National Museum of Scotland
- The National Museum of Flight, East Fortune Airfield, East Lothian
- The National War Museum, Edinburgh Castle
- The National Museum of Rural Life, Wester Kittochside, East Kilbride and
- The National Museums Collections Centre (NMCC).
As well as museums and collections, the organisation runs numerous research programmes, educational activities, special events and exhibitions and makes special connections with other institutions around the globe.
For more information, visit their website http://www.nms.ac.uk.